- September 7, 2019
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Uncategorized
RETIRED CHIEF JUSTICE OF KENYA TO EDUCATE TANGANYIKA LAW SOCIETY LAYWERS TODAY
Today, 7th September, 2019 Watetezi TV will be attending the Half Annual General Meeting (HAFM) for the year 2019, starting from 09:30 a.m to 01:30 p.m, organized by the Tanganyika Law Society (TLS), at Arusha International Conference Centre (AICC) in Arusha.
The theme of the conference is “Leveraging members’ walfare and access to Justice for all”. The conference convenes approximately 3000 lawyers from all regions across Tanzania mainland with the Guest of Honour being the retired Kenya Chief Justice Dr. Willy Mutunga.
The conference was preceded by a five-day seminar that started on Monday, 2nd September, 2019 to Friday, 6th September 2019, that focused on empowering TLS members and bringing together prominent and aspiring lawyers in the industry.
It should be noted that this is a Bar association founded in 1954 by the Tanganyika Law Society Ordinance currently governed by the Tanganyika Law Society Act, 2002, with the following statutory responsibilities:
1) To maintain and improve standards of conduct of legal professionals
2) To facilitate the acquisition of knowledge by members of the legal profession and the community
3) To facilitate the Court and the Government in resolving all challenges affecting legislation, formulation of the law, its interpretation and enforcement
4) To represent, protect and assist members of the legal profession in regard to conditions of practice
5) Providing legal aid in the community
Watetezi TV is already in Arusha and will be live streaming the conference at its YouTube platform as well as keeping you updated via its social media platforms @Watetezi TV on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram.
Click the Link below to watch the entire Lawyers conference Live on Watetezi TV from 09:00a.m
👇 👇 👇 👇 👇
#TLSHAGM2019 #TLSHAGM2019 #TLSHAGM2019