- April 10, 2019
- Posted by: admin
The Tanzania Human Rights Defenders Coalition (THRDC) is an umbrella organization of more than 150 Human Rights focused organization operating in both Tanzania Mainland and Zanzibar. The main focus of the Coalition is to put on the ground efforts towards enhanced security and protection of Human Rights Defenders in the United Republic of Tanzania.
THRDC is looking for the young, energetic, self-motivated, and eager to learn Tanzanians to fill the following volunteering positions under the different Coalition’s departments.
Watetezi TV -Journalists – 2 Volunteers
Finance and Administration- 1 Volunteer
Members’ affairs – 1 Volunteer
Watetezi TV Journalist
- Must be a professional journalist (a bachelor degree in journalism)
- Must have good capacity in documenting and news reporting
- Must have a good understanding of news editing, journalistic ethics, reporting, feature writing, newsletters
- development, photojournalism, and communications
- Must have demonstrated interest to interact with various social media outlets
- Fluent both in English and Swahili, any other international language is an added advantage
- Experience in working with any other media house is an added advantage
- Work under pressure; meet timelines with good quality deliverables
Finance and Administration Volunteer
- Must possess a bachelor degree in Finance
- Must be a Certified Public Accountant
- At least two years of working experience, knowledge in managing project funds is an added advantage
- Assist in developing and managing budgeting system.
- Must have a good understanding in compiling and presenting reports, budgets, commentaries and financial statements
- Good understanding in administering payrolls and controlling income and expenditure
- Assist in track and monitor resource needs and other material needs for carrying out financial and administration tasks
- Evaluate existing accounting system and recommend improvements if required.
- Participate in developing the overall Coalition’s financial goals and objectives.
- Fluent both in English and Swahili
Members’ Affairs Volunteer
- Must have any bachelor degree in social sciences or law
- Must be fluent both in English and Swahili
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be good in documentation and report writing
- Must have a good understanding of various presentation skills
- Good capacity of handling different members’ interest
- Previous knowledge in working with a membership organization is an added advantage
Interested qualified Tanzanians must submit their applications letters and CV through the addresses below not later than 14th of April 2019.
The National Coordinator,
Tanzania Human Rights Defenders Coalition,
P.O BOX 105926,
Dar es Salaam.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further procedures
NB: Tanzania Human Rights Defenders Coalition is a free and fair entity, and therefore encourages all qualified Tanzanians to apply for these volunteering positions.